
A photo featuring President Donald Trump that was included in one of the Justice Department files on the late sex trafficker Jeffrey Epstein appears to have been removed online.
Late Friday, the department published a trove of documents to meet a deadline mandated by an overwhelmingly bipartisan vote in Congress, though not all the Epstein files were released, and many that were made public have been heavily redacted.
There was little mention of Trump in the text that was available, and White House officials highlighted photos of former President Bill Clinton.
But an image of a desk with several pictures on it included one showing Trump’s face. It was originally listed as EFTA00000468, but it no longer appears on the list of “data set 1” files and is not accessible online anymore.
“This photo, file 468, from the Epstein files that includes Donald Trump has apparently now been removed from the DOJ release,” Democrats on the House Oversight Committee pointed out in a post on X on Saturday. “@AGPamBondi is this true? What else is being covered up? We need transparency for the American public.”
This photo, file 468, from the Epstein files that includes Donald Trump has apparently now been removed from the DOJ release.@AGPamBondi is this true? What else is being covered up? We need transparency for the American public. pic.twitter.com/3wYZAl2dse
— Oversight Dems (@OversightDems) December 20, 2025
The Justice Department didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment. It said on X that it hasn’t redacted any names of politicians, pointing to comments from Deputy Attorney General Todd Blanche.
“The only redactions being applied to the documents are those required by law — full stop,” he said. “Consistent with the statute and applicable laws, we are not redacting the names of individuals or politicians unless they are a victim.”
The administration’s failure to release all the files and the massive blackouts of many documents have already stirred outrage among congressional leaders of the effort to make them public.
Rep. Ro Khanna, D-Calif., said Friday that the document dump doesn’t comply with the spirit or the letter of the law, and singled out one file from a New York grand jury where all 119 pages were blacked out.
Later, he said he and Rep. Thomas Massie, R-Ky., have already started working on drafting articles of impeachment and inherent contempt against Attorney General Pam Bondi, though they haven’t decided yet whether to move forward.
“Impeachment is a political decision and is there the support in the House of Representatives? I mean Massie and I aren’t going to just do something for the show of it,” Khanna told CNN.
You Might Also Like
World shakes its weary head at more Trump tariff chaos as he ‘says a lot of things, and many of them aren’t true’
The latest twist in the U.S. tariff roller coaster ride, launched when President Donald Trump returned to office 13 months ago...
Jake Paul said OpenAI’s Sam Altman gave him a crash course on efficiency and lean 15-minute meetings
A chance meeting at President Donald Trump’s second inauguration brought together OpenAI Sam Altman with YouTuber-turned-boxer Jake Paul, an unlikely...
Gasoline-starved California is turning to fuel from the Bahamas
US supplies of gasoline are being shipped out of the country to travel thousands of miles via the Bahamas before finally...
One of Wall Street’s most feared hedge fund managers on the decline of the dollar: gold is ‘becoming the reserve asset’
Gold blasted past $5,300 per ounce last month as President Donald Trump’s hawkish foreign policy and tariff threats sent investors...








